Saturday, June 18, 2011
St. Paul church
The first church was built in 1840 and was replaced by a larger one in 1878. A considerable increase in the Roman Catholic population led to its replacement by a 3rd church in 1894, but it was damaged by fire in 1895. Repairs on the church were completed in 1905. Yet another fire, this one suspicious, ravaged the church in 2009.
Despite the community's desire to rebuild the church once again, the parish's present finances are insufficient. Therefore, the church will be completely demolished this year...2011.